I really wanted to do a big project for the Halloween release from A Muse. I couldn't decide what to do, though. I thought about some more blocks or a countdown calendar, but couldn't find the right materials. Then, when I was cleaning out a drawers of mini albums and other knick-knacks, I found this accordion card (each panel measure about 4.25" x 5.5"). With a little creative positioning, I was able to make this Halloween mantle decor.
It might be a bit too busy with all of the images and letters, but my kids love it. They cannot wait for the rest of the Halloween "stuff" to come out of boxes and get displayed all over the house.
I took a few close-up photos of the panels so you could see a bit better.
I looked through my stash of buttons and found lots of black, orange and green to add to the card panels. And check it out, top left, another great use for my vintage label punch from Macgill. The BOO! fits perfectly!
The middle panels feature more buttons and lots of bats. I glittered the crooked house and used my distressing inks again on this project. It gives everything a nice vintage look.
The last two panels have some more of those flocked spiders. Creepy! (I also flocked the cat and crow on the first panels). There is that vintage label punch again, this time without the smaller oval. More glitter on the witch's hat and the pumpkins, too.
Today is the day that you can see all of the stamps, paper, ribbon and twinkle stickers over at A Muse Artstamps. Happy day!