Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Fast Approaches

Today it felt like fall. We had rain and cooler temperatures (and I feel like baking pumpkin bread). I also took my third child to preschool, finally, to meet her teachers. She was so excite to get there, but was rather quiet, which is unusual. It is only a matter of time, with her, though. Once she is in school three mornings a week, I'm not sure what the little one and I are going to do. I have a feeling we will be crafting together, like a mini preschool. She will be missing her "twin" very much.

Since my big kids have gone back, I've made some time to stamp for fun at night. I had a few Halloween stamps that I wanted to revisit. I had looked over on SCS at the Clean and Simple challenges and found one that was really intriguing to me: Black & White & 1 Bold Bright. I love making cards with white space, so here is what I made:



The little mouse is so cute, popping out of his pumpkin. I used a bright orange for the burst of color (and just a tiny hint of pink for the ears and cheeks, so I guess I cheated a bit). Easy and cute!

Here is one more that I made, using a new slate notecard. It is pretty close to black, I think, so it should count.



This card also could be for another CAS challenge: Pop It Up! I popped the crescent moon up, using the paper piecing technique. I added yellow twinkle stickers to the eyes and black flock to the cat's body, so there is a lot of texture to the card, too. Now that I think about it, this could also qualify for the latest A Muse Lounge challenge : No Coloring Zone. I didn't use any markers or colored pencils on this one! How is that for stretching my challenges to the limits?

I know I should share details, but my husband wants me to watch a movie with him and it has subtitles, so I need to pay attention.

4 comments:

Jennie M said...

I love both of these Elena!! They are both so clean and simple and awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with the Lounge challenge! :)

sunghee said...

I love both! And the second one is so perfect for the no coloring challenge! I hate cats, but you made the cat very attractive. Still spooky, heehee, but love the card!

Anonymous said...

Love these ELena. I think the cards with the fewest colors are always my favorite.

Laura said...

What adorable cards! Love both of them but especially love the cat card!