Friday, June 1, 2007

Chicks in Trees


Here is another scene/memory from childhood visits to Arkansas. One summer night we arrived at my grandparents farm and, as usual, there were family members there waiting for us. This time, however, my cousin was up in a tree trying to chase chickens out of the tree. Something had spooked them from the coop and the chicken flew up in the tree. As the chicken flew down, my grandmother was catching them and flinging the hens back into the coop. My Mamaw Cassie taught me how to catch chickens that night - a little scary and a little fun. If there was a farmer's wife image, I definitely would have stamped her instead :)
Card info: notecard, pretty little papers, clear sticker, images and sentiment by A Muse, ribbon by May Arts, brad by Making Memories, Prismacolor markers, cardstock from my supply.

No comments: