Saturday, June 9, 2007

Checking out the competition

I read a post by Linda Carnell on the A Muse blog a few days ago about all the great blogs for people in the AP Ambassador Competition. Now, I have a limited amount of time on the computer but have made time for me to post things here. I want to see what other people are doing, but don't always get around to it. This was the push I needed to look at what other stampers create. I was already familiar with a couple of people because we had communicated via email. So I started there. MJ Weston has a fun blog that mixes her stamping and family time together. She has a very fun style to her work, too. One of my favorite designs by MJ is this ATC she made (if I had been a better blog reader, I may have been able to join her swap!).
On Amanda Beers' blog, she also mixes her stamping and family. She has such cute kids, too! One of my favorites from her A Muse gallery is this ice cream truck; it is sparkly and makes me want ice cream (I need this stamp!).
My fellow A Muse guest designer, Amy Rysavy, is one amazing stamper. She is on many Design Teams and can really work some magic with stamps and paper. She has a plethora of tutorials on her blog, as well. She designed this hoppy frog card and I think it is so cute!
There have been a few people who have left comments on my blog, too, that I followed the links to see what they are doing. By doing this I joined Katie Stilwater's A Muse card swap. She can really churn out the cards! I am so impressed :) She has a great card coming my way in the swap I joined, too. I can't wait!
Tisha is a stamper who really wants to win A*MUSE A*PALOOZA! Well, that is the title of her blog, anyway. I checked out her site and she has a cute card featuring one of my new favorite images, little Makenna. It has brown and pink together which, for some reason, reminds me of Baskin Robbins, which reminds me of ice cream.
One other stamper is Lexi, who left me a comment many weeks ago. She, I think, has a card/stationary business, so she knows how to make things look professional! In looking through her site today I found this card. It is a very cute idea to make the stamp store "coming soon" style. What vision, huh?
I hope that you have time to go through the list of stampers in the Ambassador competition. I plan to check out some of the other blogs, just not at 11:30 pm. I really had no idea how big the stamping blog world was when I started this last month but it sure is fun to see what is out there and to get inspired! **P.S. If you know of another blog I should check out, leave me a comment that leads me to it.**

3 comments:

Elizabeth Royalty said...

that's awesome that you're finding so many blogs! I'm blog-obsessed, for sure! Do you use google reader or bloglines - more blogs, less time... it's awesome!

denny said...

Thanks for sharing these blogs! I love to look at other people's ideas. Mine aren't the best but I'm trying. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the compliment Elena! catching up on my blog reading since I've been away from my computer ... cute cards in the other posts! :)