Thursday, February 7, 2013

You Are Loved

Here is another one layer card (for Day 7) using the watercolor paper and markers for an ombre effect (for Day 8).  I did this with a popsicle stamp last week and really liked how it looked.  This time I did swipes of marker onto the watercolor paper and then went back over one edge to make a fade-out.  After it dried, I carefully placed different sized heart dies over the colors and cut.  


 

To add a little extra something special, I spritzed some shimmer spray over the hearts.  I know some people will say that this isn't a one layer card because of the die cuts, but I consider it a one layer card.  Super easy and pretty cute!

I just realized that this card can qualify for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog challenge - Have a Heart.  Some of the heart dies are from Simon Says Stamp!

Stamps by Paper Smooches.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I call it a very charming one layer card! Nice job!

Laurel Beard said...

So pretty! I am taking the class as well and love what you did here using the markers! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous heart card Elena.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby