Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Everything!


Hello!  I've been away form my stamping space for a couple of days and have been a bit bummed to not find time to do any of the Clean and Simple Card Making homework.  I'd watched videos while folding laundry, though, and got to stamp a little bit today.

The Day 8 lesson was on Inking and Stamping techniques.  I don't usually use a lot of techniques because of limited time so this was a challenge.  Instead of using the ones highlighted in class, I went with a resist technique.  It is similar to the crayon resist from your grade school days, but I used clear embossing powder instead of wax crayons.


I stamped right on the watercolor paper and embossed.  Then, using the slick craft sheet, I tried the watercolor marker technique that Kristina used to add the color.  I kinda like the messy, artsy look to the card even though it is not a clean, crisp design (nor can I get it to flatten!).  I really liked using the watercolor markers again and managed to use them again for another card that I'll share soon.

Stamps from Hero Arts and Paper Smooches.

No comments: