Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting My Craft On

Hello everyone! I cannot believe that it has been almost one month since my last post. We went to Massachusetts for Thanksgiving, came home and had a party for my son who turned 10 while we were gone and I've been trying to get so many other things done.

I've allowed myself a breather for a few moments to catch up with all of you and say hi. I haven't been down in my stamping hole much lately because I have been busy filling my freezer. Take a peek:



Our annual cookie party is next Sunday and I am almost done with my baking. This freezer is chock full! I haven't made my final tally but I'll let you know...

I've also been busy with crafty fun with my littlest girls. I traced their hand prints and they put those together with tape and stickers to make a wreath for the inside of our front door:



My oldest daughter wanted to do some fun crafty stuff, too, so she helped me make these, for our "forest" of paper crafted trees:





The felt one has some A Muse pearls on it - a perfect touch!

While I was busy with felt, I also made some time to sew some ornaments. This was a great thing to do in the car during a long trip. Here is a picture of the stars I sewed and made into a garland that is now hanging above our fireplace mantel:



I found the template and instructions here.

I did pull out some stamps yesterday so that I could make treat bag toppers for something I assembled for my Sunday school students for tomorrow morning:



This week I am going to try to get all of our holiday cards in the mail. Once that chore is out of the way, I may be able to get some fun stamping done. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from the A Muse CT with all of the tags they made and Julie has been posting some seriously great cards. There is so much swimming around in my head; I've got to find some time soon!

Have a great weekend :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! Looks like you got a lot of work done! Love the star ornaments. Very cute!

scoopy (Emily) said...

Very fun - love your felt tree and stars! Hugs!

Jill Grace said...

Elena! Your projects are so much fun. What lucky kids you have :) I hope the weather cooperates for your cookie party.