Saturday, November 14, 2009

An Easy Holiday Photo Card



Recently, Linda asked members of the A Muse CT to share some ideas for holiday photo cards. I usually don't make a card that has a photo on it. Rather, I stick one inside a handmade card. I figured now was a good time to give it a try!

I found a photo from two years ago that was a good size for a 4-bar notecard. I'm one for making things as easy as possible and didn't want to have to cut cards or paper and have lots of bitty scraps. I did cut down the photo (it was wallet sized) a bit, so that the card layout would work. I think that as long as I didn't cut off any members of mi familia, it was alright to trim away. Then, the rest of the card came together easily.

Here is my tip for mass producing cards: work on one element of the card at a time because it allows you to get in a groove and focus on the particulars of each thing, i.e. like measurements, punching shapes, stamping ink in like colors, etc.

Be sure to keep checking the A Muse News blog for more holiday card inspiration!

1 comment:

jill Grace said...

I just love this card Elena - the family photo turned out beautiful and your design compliments it perfectly. Brilliant job!