Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Camp Happy Mail

I've managed to find a little time (between moving furniture around for the drywall guys and laundry) to stamp again!  It was a good way to end the day yesterday.

My daughter wanted a card to send to a friend that is away at camp and she needs to get it in the mailbox today, so I had to work quickly.  I decided one layer (goes with this Lawnscaping challenge) and to make it look like a postcard (goes kinda with this Simon Says Stamp challenge).




I used two Lawn Fawn sets for this one.  I was inspired by the book Toot & Puddle by Holly Hobbie.  There are great illustrations of scenes from each city Toot visits along with a postcard he writes to Puddle.  It is a favorite story in our house.  The only thing I wish I had done was to change the bell in the stamp to the paw print.  I just don't think fast enough late at night anymore!






8 comments:

Tamara said...

wow, great card!! Love the scene you've created and great coloring
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
Hope to see you again next challenge
xx Tamara

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Elena! The postcard and little dog look darling! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Christiana said...

What a cute card! Love the layering with the postcard. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Elena said...

you rocked the challenge, fellow Elena ;) my kids watch Toot & Puddle sometimes on tv, but I've never seen the books! Thanks for entering your adorable card into our lawnscaping challenge!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Elena, this is such an adorable card! Love this beautuiful CAS style creation and the image is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

jenn shurkus said...

how excited was i to come across you playing along with the lawnscaping challenge!!! i miss you :) love your card!!

KimC said...

Miss your card posts Elana!

Remove Background said...

What a beautiful card. So nice colouring.