Friday, June 22, 2007

3 more silly mini-cards


I have to say that looking up the alternative holidays has been fun. The Washington Post puts out a calendar at the beginning of the year on the kids' page and we save it to look at all the funny days to celebrate. This was one my eldest daughter saw and said we HAD to celebrate it because there were three girls in the family. I made each of the girls to (slightly) resemble my girls. The youngest has very light hair, skin and eyes, like her daddy, and she is the only fair one in my bunch!

I am not embarrassed to say that I love candy corn. I know it is just terrible for me, but something about it is addictive and I crave it from mid-September through mid-November. My kids share the love of candy corn with me, but my husband does not. I will try to save our eating of candy corn to its special day this year (yeah, right!).



Well, I don't own a dog and I can't claim to be a "dog person" but I just wanted to use the sniffer doggie on a card! We have lots of dogs in our neighborhood and I colored this one to resemble a dog down the street. My kids will like knowing it is "dog day" and maybe we will go on a hunt to count all the dogs we see that day!

Card info:cardstock scraps, patterned paper by Chatterbox, images (except candy corn: Inkadinkadoo) by A Muse, Le Plume markers.

No comments: