Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some Spring Cards

Hi all! I'm trying to fit in a little post today around some other chores and activities that I have on my list. I needed a few Easter/spring cards to put in the mail this week. I crafted one night for about ninety minutes or so while laundry was going. I managed to not only make the cards but post them, as well! All while my kids have been home on spring break, too.

I was short on time to plan the cards so I looked around for some inspiration, as I usually do, and found the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog had a challenge to use die cuts. Well, I have the egg shaped die from A Muse Studio and figured I'd use it since I had not done so before.



I was inspired by this card to use die cuts to make an Easter card for my brother. While it didn't come out perfect (I didn't use enough adhesive), I like the idea of the monochromatic background. It ends up a very elegant looking card that wasn't very complex.



Recently, I was a Tuesday Trigger random drawing winner and the lovely Cath sent me a great little collection of paper, embellishments and stamps from the Country Picnic collection by Pebbles, Inc. It included some corrugated alpha stickers in pink and kraft, so I pulled out the pink which kind of matched some Martha Stewart scrapbook tape that I've had a while. I didn't do a great job matching up the lines on my cardstock before die cutting the egg, but I can't have perfection all the time. But, it couldn't have been easier!




This last card is for my daughter to send to her friend in Belgium. I had some discarded negative side of a grass die cut (also A Muse Studio). I thought it looked a bit like the green stems of a carrot. I punched out wee little egg shapes (lining up the paper to not punch all the way) and adhered little tips on the tops to get pudgy little carrots. It took a while to put 24 carrots on the card, but my daughter loved it and hopes her friend will, too.

If you celebrate Easter, have fun looking for hunting for treats tomorrow! My family is all set for our crazy egg hunt and we are looking forward to a beautiful spring day.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I LOVE the idea of using the die cut in two different ways. What a great card! Thanks for joining us on the Amuse Challenge :)

Chelsea said...

What great cards ... thanks for joining the challenege this week on the Amuse Challenge Blog!

Anonymous said...

That's some mighty awesome multitasking Elena! Such fun spring cards.