Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ahhh, Leaves (and some Halloween Fun!)

I should be outside dealing with all the leaves in my yard, especially since it is dry, but I'm having a hard time getting motivated. Or maybe it is the kids' Halloween candy that is calling my name... Anyhoo, I was watching leaves fall yesterday and was inspired to make a card last night using my Avocado Arts October and November stamps.



I would love it if my leaves fell right into baskets, wouldn't you? It would be so handy and save me lots of time, which might mean I can get more work done in my craft hole. Of course, I would need some mondo baskets for all the trees in my yard. For now, I'll just have to rely on good old fashioned child labor. Thanks, kids!

Speaking of kids, I thought I'd share a few photos of their costumes from this year. Each of these ideas were kid-generated, mom-crafted.


First, Mad-Eye Moody from the Harry Potter series.




A young lady enjoying time at the spa.




A Lego minifigure (made for ease of mobility).




And, celebrity chef, Paula Deen. I think I might send her a photo of my wee one in costume; all the neighbors said I should.

2 comments:

Novell said...

Love, love, love the costumes!! I'm not very familiar with Harry Potter but I loved the spa girl and the mini Paula Deen. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Too fun!!!! Such a happy card and I love the costumes!! Thanks for sharing :)