Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birdie 2 Ways

Today, two very important people in my life celebrate birthdays. First up, my mom, who has a significant numbered birthday. This is her card:



I know this isn't really a feminine card, but owls remind me of growing up in the '70s, and 70 is a rather big number, right, Mami?

Next up, my husband. He is on his way to Atlanta right now for a conference, so I tucked this card into his briefcase before he left this morning.



I took a page out of what I call Krystie Lee's Big Bl Book of Stamping Ideas to make this one. I needed simple and easy, and I think I pulled it off. The golf ball is an embossed piece of paper, punched out and turned over. And the golf tee? It is this stamp, trimmed down. Easy and fun. I hope my husband likes it.

Have a wonderful day! BTW, I'm going to go ahead and link both of these over on the Moxie Fab World blog for the Fun & Cute cards challenge.

card #1 info: banner from Happy Everything clear set, skinny owl, happy birdie, tiny hat, orange crush and natural white cardstock by A Muse Artstamps, colored pencils.

card #2 info: ice cream, happy birdie, big bl, natural white, petite gingham green and white cardstock by
A Muse Artstamps, grass punch, swiss dot embossing folder, pop dot.

6 comments:

imteresa said...

I love the golf ball card! And the ice cream sundae for a tee? Brilliant! Thanks for always inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

love how the sentiment fits both cards that are so different =)

And it is my birthday today too!!

lexi said...

both are super cute! genius golf tee!!

Jenny said...

Cute cards, love them!!

Anonymous said...

I just need a standard comment of "genius" for your cards! WOW! Great way to show off the same sentiment

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Elena! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun!