Friday, May 15, 2009

Time for a Shameless Plug

This in not craft related, but something very important to me. On June 6, my family and I are planning to participate in the Komen Global Race for the Cure in Washington, D.C. This is the first year that I have actually participated, but I have been donating to this cause for the last 7 years. This year my parents, siblings and I decided to form a team and walk in honor of my sister, Laura, who died last October from breast cancer.

Last August, Laura had told me that she wanted to participate in one of the walks in Boston with her family. Luckily, there was one in early September and they were able to go. She had to be pushed in her wheelchair most of the way, but she managed to walk the last little bit, across the finish line. Seeing a video of her doing this was very emotional for me and it made me all the more determined to do it, too.

I know that times are tough for everyone these days, but I figured that I could just put this out there. I am looking for donations for the Komen Global Race for the Cure. I have a participant's page, and if you'd be willing to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated.

On a crafty note, I will have more to share soon! But to tide you over, here is a card that was shared on the A Muse News blog yesterday, featuring the. Today is your last chance to get this set for free; check it out!

3 comments:

Krystie Lee said...

What a beautiful thing to do in your Sister's memory!

Jen D said...

Such a nice way to honor your sister's memory :)

Cat said...

just LOVE this card. i've had the stamp on my list for a while, and finally bought it with my last order.