Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Cupcake Day!



Today is the day to see the Cupcake Builder and Baking clear sets in their entirety. You can check out the goods right here. I really have had a good time with these and I still have some ideas to share. I'll save those for another day.

This card is one that I made for Linda Carnell, owner of A Muse, back in late October. She is a one of a kind, for sure (isn't that a great sentiment to pair with cupcakes?). I will find so many uses for these cupcakes in the future and cannot wait until I have time to play with the stamps some more. Below you can see a close up of the cherry on top. I cut out the pink frosting and placed the cherry behind part of the whipped topping to give a little dimension. I also put some Diamond Glaze on it to make it shiny.



I am so excited that I will be going to Seattle this weekend to meet everyone and sit in on the Instructor Training events. I don't have many stamping friends, so this will be a completely new experience for me. I have lots to do before I can leave my husband and kids, so if I am a little quiet here, you will know why.

card info: notecard, sentiment and images by A Muse, paper frills by Doodlebug, Copic markers - blush, shadow pink, sepia, light walnut, frost blue, lipstick red, Spica silver glitter pen, Diamond Glaze.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! And I love this sentiment with the cupcakes!

Nicole said...

SAWEET! Very cute! I love the effect you give to the very unique and yummy looking cupcake!

jenstamps said...

Elena I just *love* everything about this card!!!

I can't wait to meet you IRL this weekend!!! Only three more days!

Jen D said...

love this card- it's too cute! I am looking forward to meeting you in a few days! None of my friends stamp either, so it will be so fun to meet people in person who love it like me ;)

Anonymous said...

This is so, so, so cute, Elena! That's a cute idea with the cherry too!