Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mini Spooky House

The last few weeks, maybe more, have been crazy. We just said good-bye to three Boston based bachelors who come every September for "Guytown" here. It is fun for my kids and husband, but I'm sure that the guys leave here shaking their heads and hoping never to have four kids!

One of the things my kids wanted to do was to have some decorations for fall when they came. We pulled out a bunch of things and set it all up on the mantle. Their school crafts gave me an idea to make a spooky house from an A Muse notecard. I remembered Michelle White's glitter houses from last year. I had printed out the template she mentioned and got to work on a less glittery house.
** The Memory Makers website was having some problems when I wrote this, so I don't know if the link will work, but here it is: house template. **

I used a 4-bar notecard and lined up the template so that one of the fold lines was on the scored line of the notecard. Here is the front and one side view of the house.



Here is the other side.



For each side, I gently highlighted the edges of the windows/shutters with yellow ink for a bit of a glow. I think my X-acto knife blade needs to be changed because the edges look a bit rough. My kids love it, though and keep playing with it. I might have to make another one :) Oh, yeah, this also is for Heather's Share Your Spark for this week - anything but a card!

all paper and stamps by A Muse, Colorbox chalk ink, Spica glitter pen, COPIC - warm gray no. 2, grass green, apricot.

8 comments:

Tisha said...

This is awesome, Elena!! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! This is SO fun!!!

Thanks for playing along this week, Elena!

Anonymous said...

THIS is adorable! Love it!!

melissa said...

I'm. in. love.

This is the cutest idea Elena-what a fun mom you are! :)

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

So darling! Wonderful job on the construction. My girls would love this! TFS the template:)

Novell said...

Oh my gosh! Super cute!!!

Shelia said...

Wished my kids were young again, so I could do cute stuff like this for them. This is so cute.