Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sparked by Pottery Barn


I thought Heather's spark for last week was going to be a toughie for me. I take photos, but mostly of my kids. I love my kids, but could they spark inspiration? Hmmm, well, uh, did I mention I love my kids?

Well, I was helped along by the arrival of a PB Teen catalog. There are some really neat things in the catalog, especially color combinations. I struggle with this from time to time because I tend to get into a "same old thing" mind-set. Anyhow, I saw this rug and thought that the colors were really so striking (sorry for all the links, not sure if I am allowed to post PB's photo!). I turned to my stamps, and tried to create a reasonable facsimile of the rug. I love the brown one, but for stamping purposes, I decided to go with the cream one. I used clear flower stamps from A Muse and the clear branch from The Saltbox Studio. I like it, but I think I'd try it again. What do you think?

card info: flower images, sentiment, papers, and twinkle sticker by A Muse, branch image by The Saltbox Studio, Copic markers - robin's egg blue, sepia, begonia pink, honey, new leaf, Prismacolor marker - sunburst yellow.

8 comments:

melissa said...

I love it Elena---so happy & bright...& just like that super cute rug! Great job!

Tracy said...

This came out so great! I love your color choices and layout. The flowers would make an awesome sheet of paper for a scrapbook page too!

Anonymous said...

i love this elena--i'm all about color! what set is the larger flower from? thx! :) lexi

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!!! I love the multi color leaves!

Michelle Clark said...

I love this; so fabulous

Anonymous said...

Soooo awesome, Elena!

Thanks for "sharing your spark!"

Laura said...

My mom always says "have a splendiforous day." I might have to "borrow" this idea.

Beach Girl 115 said...

I am so impressed how you found inspiration in the rug and then executed it so well!