Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nuts About Interactive Cards

Here is another card I made using Julie's suggestion of trying some interactive cards for Valentine's Day. I think this is a great idea for people to have to give to teachers. When I taught, I loved getting handmade treats from my students and a fun card was always a thrill. So I perused the SCS projects page and found a few other cards I decided to try. I had so much fun with the first one that I chose, I made three in one night. I will share one of these today, then look later in the week for the others.



This card is called a Surprise Pop Up card.



When you pull the top of the tag, it reveals a message underneath the stamped image.


Pull a little further, and the tag inside has a sentiment (mine came out gloppy because I made the mistake of stamping with my kids in the room), as well as a place to sign your name.

This one is very easy to adapt to a square card, too. I simply used the back of the card to draw pencil lines for all the cuts and scores. Instead of a ribbon pull, I used a punched out heart. Check out the link above to the instructions and give it a try. It is a lot of fun!

card info: papers, image, sentiments, twinkle sticker by A Muse, Copic markers - baby skin pink, warm grey 4, walnut, sand, new leaf, Diamond glaze (on the acorn), heart punch by Martha Stewart.

6 comments:

jennie m said...

This is SO cool Elena!! Wow! You are totally inspiring me! Thanks for sharing!

PennyH said...

So CUTE!!! I love the squirrel on the branch. This is a neat card. I'm gonna go check out the link now. TFS!

Well Said Cards said...

Super cute! I'll have to try this challenge. I've not had the time to try any so far, so this will be my first!

ddc designs said...

This is absolutely adorable!!

JulieHRR said...

Oh, good grief!!! This is just DARLING, Elena! I haven't made one of these in ages and ages! I bettah get the rubbah out and get goin'!!!

Rhonda said...

Too cute!!