Monday, January 7, 2008

Card Poppin'


As I mentioned in the previous post, I made a few interactive cards in one night, just for the fun of it. This is the second one. It is called an Pop-Up Accordian card. I found the instructions here. I found this very easy to do because I had made books like this with students many years ago.



The harder part was finding three related images. I decided to go with "couples" as a theme. I usually show my husband my cards and he always and lovingly offers his feedback. He said I needed a stamp of a couple in rocking chairs (like they had grown old together, I guess).






While that would have been great, I don't have anything like that, so I just went with the couple of owls.



Hope you all have a great Monday!

card info: images and sentiments by A Muse, cardstock from my supply, ribbon by May Arts, Stickles, Copic - baby skin pink, raw silk, walnut, shadow pink and Prismacolor markers - crimson, warm grey 20% and 40% cinnamon toast, leaf green.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE card! What a neat technique too. Great combination of stamps for this type of card. I can't wait to see what you have to show us next.

Tracy said...

I love it Elena! You are blowin' me away with all of these awesome card ideas. This is definately another one I will have to try. I especially love the images you chose. TFS!

Anonymous said...

HEY! This looks like a familiar project. ;-) Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

TOO ADORABLE! sweet, AND, FUN FUN FUN!!!

Rhonda said...

Wow, you are one super creative girl! i love the pop up parts on the inside, but also how you wrapped the ribbon around is genius!!