Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mini-cards Series


Now, some might think this is cheating a bit, but instead of making traditional cards to send out for the Design Challenge #8 - make a card to celebrate a non-traditional holiday - I decided to make mini-cards that would be used like place cards. I can keep a little stack of these in the kitchen (I think I'll paperclip these to the calendar) and on the specified day, put the min-card out on the table for my kids to see. What do you think? Is it cheating? Well, I think it is kinda cute :) This was inspired from my youth when kids used to ask if the brown cows were the ones that gave chocolate milk (remember that one?) Anyhow, I will be working on more of these for fun days that my kids will enjoy celebrating. Hopefully those will be silly enough to qualify for the challenge. Card info: cardstock from my scrap supply (it is endless!), images by A Muse, Prismacolor marker.

This is for WHITNEY (who asked if I have a trick to computer generate my sentiments) * * What I did to get the words on the cardstock was to make a document the size of a 4x6 index card. Then I made a text box and typed in my special holiday and date. Then I ran the smaller sized paper through the printer. When I computer-generate a card sentiment, I do the same thing, only I maintain the regular size paper. I usually run it through to print on scrap paper and hold up the size card behind it to see if placement is where I want it to be. This is not scientific or particularly tricky. It is trial and error. Also, I always save the document when I am done for future use and title it "4.25 card_lower_center" or "4.25 card_upper-right." This makes it easy to get the job done faster! Clear as mud, right?

2 comments:

CraftyEngineer said...

Neat idea of having the cards clipped to your calendar. I was wondering what I would do with all of these "silly" cards! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the directions! I am going to try it tomorrow!