Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another Arkansas Memory


A long time ago, visits to Arkansas in the summer meant playing softball in my grandparents' yard. We also called this ditchball because someone had to stand in the big ditch next to the highway to catch the ball. If you were lucky enough to hit it across the highway, it would end up in the cotton patch that was planted there. This would also happen at my Aunt Ozella's house, too, because the cotton patch WAS her yard! This card shows my cousins Matthew and Chris taking a little time off of farming to play ball. Matthew is the one in the "cotton patch" looking for the ball - do you see it at his feet? Chris was one of the few who could hit it across the highway when we were younger. These were very happy days for me :)

Sorry to have gone lax in the posts; my husband has been travelling a bit these last couple of weeks and things have been a bit hectic around here. I have also been getting swaps done and ready to mail. I am slowly getting to all of my projects :)

Card info: notecard, images and sentiment by A Muse, liquid applique, scallop punch, Prismacolor markers, mini gem ?

No comments: