Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sand Castle Fun


This is a birthday card I sent my best friend from college. She is seriously into the beach and sun, so this should get her ready for beach season. I used the cut-paper technique similar to the First Communion card (a few posts down). I tried to make whitecaps on the waves (liquid applique), but it didn't come out as I envisioned. I do like the sparkly look of the sand castle. That is one of my favorite things about the beach: the way the water and sand sparkles when the sun is shining. I think this design needs more work, but I don't mind sharing work that doesn't come out right - we all have those, right? And my friend won't mind, she thinks I'm one of the craftiest people she knows.

Card info: images and sentiment by A Muse, stickles, Prismacolor markers, liquid applique, cardstock from my supply and Bazzill.

No comments: