Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kid's Birthday Card

I love being able to make a birthday card for a child because it can cute, fun, or whimsical. Plus, they don't obsess over little smudges or my coloring skills. It is a no-pressure situation and I need more of those!



I have to say that taking this class has been a big help to get me motivated. I have wanted to stamp for so long and actually be pleased with the outcome but for a while I was really struggling to make that happen. But watching the videos (and hearing Julie's voice again) has been a lot of fun and I want to re-watch each video and find stamps to use for each class. If you haven't signed up for it, you can still do so. The content will remain there, too, so you can go back to look at everything over and over.



I pulled out the Admit One set from Lawn Fawn to make this easy one-layer card (class day 2). The stamps are cute and fun and perfect for a child's birthday. I think I need to play around with using baker's twine a little bit more, but I wasn't going for perfection this time. I love using colored pencils but I've never had a good lesson and I try to fake it. I like how these turned out, but I'm sure there are some techniques I could learn if I took a class. Angela's has had some great colored pencil techniques classes but I always seem to have a conflict. One of these days...

I actually have two birthday cards to share but one was not photographing well last night, so I will try with some natural light and maybe I will have a card later today.

No comments: