Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sketch Challenge Cards

Last night, my husband went to hang out with the guys from Boston, so I had some quiet time. I decided to sit and make a couple of cards just for fun. Both are based on sketches from the latest A Muse Lounge Challenge.



This first card I made based on Krystie Lee's card. I've had this idea in my head all week since seeing some fabric with apples and pears. I figured it would be possible to use the solid apple to make the cut side of an apple and it worked out ok. I used colored pencils to add the details to the cut side. I like to look of it, so I think I may make some notecards like this for teachers this year.




This second card was going to be just for fun but I couldn't decide what to do. My neighbor has been preparing for a surprise 50th anniversary dinner for her in-laws. They are really nice people who always ask about the kids so I thought I could slip a card over there for them today. I used Julie's card for the basic sketch for this one and decided to go elegant. Now, elegant is hard for me. I guess it is overwhelming for me to keep things simple while being sophisticated. I challenged myself further by using an image I have only tried once: damask solid. I am pleased with this one; I think it will be my "go-to" for elegant cards.

card #1 info: kitchen red notecard, shimmer couture espresso, hello, solid apple by A Muse Artstamps, kraft cardstock, colored pencils.

card #2 info: squash cardstock, shimmer couture onyx, damask solid, classic numbers clear set by
A Muse Artstamps, pop dots.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those apples are genius, Elena! I really like the way they turned out.