Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Just Not Elegant, It Seems

Don't get me wrong. Elegant things are great, beautiful and wonderful. I just can't seem to master "elegant" on a card. And, no amount of practice seems to work. So, even though I am supposed to be sharing an elegant sea-themed card with you today, I couldn't come up with anything.

Instead, I have a fun card featuring a previously unveiled stamp - the anchor.



Ever since making the pop up card with the clams the other day, I've been wanting to make an origami boat that I could stamp on or use as a card. I found a few different origami boat patterns on the internet and decided this was the best one because it had a good amount of white space. I used a 5" square piece of cardstock and carefully scored it using my Scor-Pal for the fold lines. Then I found some scraps of blue for the stripes and embellished the rest with stamps. I am really quite pleased with it. It can fit inside a 4-bar envelope folded. In the back, there is a small area where I can even write a little note.



See? So cute and uber-fun. And the folding for this is so easy, it takes no time at all to make! I will have another sweet amuse-bouche treat to share tomorrow.

8 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

Too stinkin' cute! Love this!

Heather said...

That is just too fun!

Novell said...

Holy ships, Batman! This is incredible!!!

Lori Barnett said...

PICK MY CHIN UP OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!!!! HELLO!!! This is COOL!

Jill Grace said...

Oh my gosh - that's FABULOUS!

sherry czarnecki said...

I think a little gift card would fit in there too, would it? It is a fabulous ship and the ship sentiment would definately fit!

Michellem said...

WOW - Is this the Love Boat? (I'm showing my age again!!)

Diana Crick said...

This is FABULOUS!! Would you consider making a tutorial for this for the Scor-pal Ezine? Contact me at ladydian@shaw.ca
hugs, Diana