Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It Was Raining Men Here

This past weekend was the annual "Guy Town" at our house. My husband is a displaced South Shore, MA native. He is one of a group of guys that have known each other since kindergarten. Each September, for the past twelve years or so, three of them come to VA to play in a golf tournament with David. As our family grew, they stopped staying with us and now stay in a hotel, but we host them for meals and Sunday football. My kids absolutely love these guys and go a little berserk when they are here.

As a result, I was too tired to participate in the A Muse Fall Pajama Party on Saturday night. I ended up playing along last night with all the challenges and I'm ready to share!

The first challenge was to create a card inspired by your favorite Halloween candy. While I love candy corn, I really prefer the m & ms that come out of the treat bags for a quick chocolate fix.




Challenge # 2 was to create a card using fall colors. I made this card for someone who is super nice and always has a kind word for me. She has the card already, so I am glad to not spoil a surprise.



The third challenge was to create a card based upon a fall TV show. One that my husband and I love to watch together is "30 Rock." It is such a crazy show, but there are so many sly jokes that I always find myself snickering at it. Inside I wrote, "I want to go to there," which is something that Liz Lemon likes to say.



The final challenge was to make a thank you card. If you noticed, I made three of the cards with natural white card bases, for simplicity's sake. This card could not be easier. I didn't even use my stamp positioner.



So that is my PJ Party round up. I also worked on a calendar idea that I hope to share soon. I have to mail it out to my newest niece tomorrow!

13 comments:

Lindsay M. said...

Oh my goodness!!! All of your cards are so beautiful!!! I just love them all!!! Thank you for sharing!!! You are very talented!!!

~Lindsay~

Katie said...

Love them all!

P.S. I'm obsessed with 30 Rock, it's my favorite show! And we say, "I want to go to there" all the time around here, lol!

Jill Grace said...

LOVE your cards... as always! You have always been one of my biggest sources of inspiration ;) THe M&M's turned out perfect. I also love 30 rock but I had an easier time making a card for Big Bang Theory. It's fun to see how you made it. I'm really touched by your Fall card... thanks again. It SO made my day.

Lori Barnett said...

Great cards!! I love all of them. You always have wonderful ideas :)

Jen D said...

these are just beautiful! I love the natural card bases, they are so elegant- I need to do that more often!

Anonymous said...

Love. I mean *LOVE* all these designs, Elena! Your m&m card is sheer brilliance, and the NYC is so striking! And, good grief your man is handsome! What is it about Davids? ;) I loved seeing him climb up a tree for you. That is true love, I tell ya'. True love!!! *hugs*

Laura said...

Love all your cards especially the M&M Card.

Debbie said...

Your cards are fantastic, Elena! It's one treat right after another!

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh!!! These cards are all awesome!! You're so creative!!

Michellem said...

There were several years in my life that a day did not pass without me eating m&m's. Your card is the best!!! LOVE IT!

lexi said...

beautiful cards elena! i missed the pj party too--i should do the challenges to just get my mojo going, though...

Jennie M said...

These are all just amazing Elena!! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges! :)

Driven to Ink said...

wow elena, you are amazing. i'm in the process of reading through everyone's blogs and i've already said "WOW" out loud fifteeen times - and i think this is only pae one or two!