Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just for Fun!

I love when I make time to stamp just for fun. No rules or occasion, just messing around.

One of the things I had wanted to do was to try a color combination that Katie raves about often: pink and orange. My daughter was wearing a shirt the other day that had a pretty pale pink and a soft orange with dark brown and maroon and it all went together so nicely, so I decided that I would use those colors. I also had these teeny pink pom-poms tucked in a corner of my desk, so I wanted to add one of those, too. Then, I was reading on the A Muse Lounge about Lori and paper flowers, so I wanted to find a way to get a flower accent in, too! So, here I was wanting to make a card without rules, and I was imposing restrictions all over the place. But, I had no reason to make the card, so I think I justified all the things I wanted to include.

In the end, this is what I made:


I used this cute party chick because I thought she'd look good in soft orange with a pink pom-pom hat. I used a punch and one little Doodlebug Paper Frill for the flower accent. And, I managed to get three of the four colors on the card. It ended up a cute card, something fun to send to a friend who has good news or a birthday.

Well, I am off to Richmond, VA today to watch some college hoops with my husband and some college friends. GO PATRIOTS!

card info: notecard, papers (french roast and chiffon pink), image and sentiment by A Muse, pom-pom, brad by Making Memories, pop dot, Doodlebug Paper Frills, Copic markers - cream, blush, pinkish white.


5 comments:

Glenda said...

This is really cute Elena! Great job on the colours.

Becky Rusher said...

This is the cutest, Elena! I love the colors!

Norm Shac said...

How appropriate that you use Dunkin Donut colors during National Caffeine Awareness Month!

Papa Norm

Dawn said...

Love the way you round only two corners. I hope to try it on one of my cards, if you don't mind.

Living & Creating in the Sweet VA Breeze said...

This card is simple, yet cute as can be - it's not missing a thing. I live in VA, too.