Thursday, February 5, 2009

Romantic Birdies

I've been working with my bird images lately and have two quick cards to share today. One features birdies from The Saltbox Studio and one features birds from A Muse. Here is the first one:

I paired these two birds, just omitting the plants in one of their mouths, so it looks like one is bringing the other a flower - sweet and romantic. I hadn't even used the sentiment yet and I've had it for over a year! It just fit perfectly.

For this card, I used lots of dots and pink. The love bird couple is so cute. I love the little detail of one bird's lifted leg. If you've ever seen "The Princess Diaries" you'd know that it is the ultimate necessity for a perfect kiss (well, to the character, anyway).

Sorry to be so short, but I promise tomorrow will bring MORE fun and EGG-CITING stuff *wink*. See you then!

card #1: notecard and ribbon by A Muse, images and sentiment by The Saltbox Studio, quickie glue pen, glitter by The Art Institute, Copic markers - warm grays no. 2 and 4, blush, black and natural cardstock.

card #2: notecard, paper, image, sentiment, hearts, ribbons by A Muse, chipboard tag, pop dots, Copic markers - lipstick red, begonia, glitter by The Art Institute, black cardstock, quickie glue pen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards Elena. I love the trio of birds on the pink mod dots - very clever!