Thursday, January 1, 2009

Always a Good Time for Cupcakes!

Happy New Year everyone! I have a raspy throat this morning after attending a new year's party last night. I have not had much time lately in my craft room because of the seasonal goings-on here at the house. I love vacation when the kids are home, but this one has been so very hectic that my solo time has taken a hit. I plan on working on a few things today, though.

This was a card that I put into a pack of handmade cards for my sister-in-law. When she married my husband's brother, I gave her a stack of hand-stamped thank you notes and she seemed to really like them. My mother-in law suggested I do it again this Christmas, and I'm glad she did. It gave me an excuse to make some fun cards. This one was actually inspired by some Carter's pajamas that I saw a few weeks ago. I ended up stamping an entire 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock and then just cut it to size. There was just a bit leftover, so it was a good way to go.

I will be back tomorrow with some FUN! sneak peeks of the new A Muse Valentine's Day release. These images are so YUMMY (hint, hint). Hope you got some spending money for the holidays :)

card info: cupcake and sentiment stamps, notecard, paper, twinkle stickers and ribbon by A Muse, pop dots, Copic markers-sugared almond pink, salad, walnut, black pen.


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh!! This card is WAY too fun!!! You are one clever lady!! :D TFS!!

Happy New Year!

jenn shurkus said...

i love this cupcake background!!!! ;)