Friday, November 28, 2008

Forget the Pies, Gimme a Cupcake!

Actually, I love pies and I don't know if I could choose a cupcake over a pie. But, I'm talking cards today.

Yesterday morning, while my kids watched the parade and my husband went to play football, I sat down to stamp a few cards. I was inspired by this (scroll down a bit) card made by Amanda, an A Muse Addict. I thought it was a great layout for the cupcakes to be showcased. I am thinking about making cards to give to my husband's sister-in-law for Christmas and this one is pretty easy to make and reproduce, even change it up a little. Anyhow, the following is what I made:



The other night I was waiting for some things to bake and started to troll the Challenge forums on SplitcoastStampers. I found two that I thought I could try and ended up meshing together. The first was Ways to Use It 193 - Pearls. I bought these cute pearls by Kaiser Crafts and have been wanting to find some ways to use them and this challenge was a great excuse. The other challenge was Limited Supplies 195 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You had to have some sort of chocolate theme in the card. Well, duh, cupcakes were a no brainer! I bought some brown liquid applique at the A Muse shop and it makes a beautiful chocolate ganache frosting, doesn't it? My kids said it looked yummy :)

So, now that I have my stamping juices flowing, I have a couple of other ideas, just need to get to work!

card info: pink kitchen paper, Swiss Red and bark notecards, images and sentiment by A Muse, pearls by Kaiser Crafts, liquid applique, Copic marker - lipstick red, white Signo pen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy! i love the chocolate icing!

Glenda J said...

Fabulous! Love the polka dots on the bottom of the cupcake!

Anonymous said...

SUPER Elena... now I *HAVE* to find brown liquid applique! Thanks :P! Love your card and glad you finally got the brown one ;)

jenstamps said...

This is adorable and that fudge icing ~ YUM!

Love the banner too!

Rhonda said...

Yum, this is delicious!! I'm so hungry for chocolate right now!!! I may lick my screen, hope you don't mind!

Tweetpea said...

I agree!!! Cupcakes Forever!!!