Thursday, September 25, 2008

Howdy


Hi all! I'm sorry that I've neglected this little blog of mine lately. I've had some stamping assignments that needed attention (you know what that means? *sneak peeks*) and busy with planning a few trips that I will be taking here over the next couple of months. That has left me with little time to stamp for fun.

However, I was in need of some more cards to have on hand to send to my sister. One of the ways I am trying to communicate with her right now is through hand stamped cards. She has always been a fan of crafty things and is one of my biggest cheerleaders in the stamping part of my life. Although she is having trouble reading, I know that someone will read her my notes.

This card was made because I wanted to use the black and white polka dot button. I have no idea how it came to be in my button jar, but I saw it the other day and wanted to use it. I don't know if it really works, mixing patterns and colors like this, but Becky does it so well (and, I bet, so effortlessly) that I decided to give it a go. What do you think? For another look at this piggie, check out this post from Novell. I like her flower sun!

It reminds me a bit of the hog pen my Papaw Lawrence used to keep. Boy, did he have some huge hogs out by his barn! Whenever we went to visit Arkansas I would walk around the farm and out to the shop then over to the barn to look at the pigs. It is such a fond memory for me :)

card info: image by The Saltbox Studio, notecard and yellow cardstock by A Muse, kraft cardstock, patterned paper, button, COPIC markers - lipstick red, warm gray #4, raw silk, blush, cream.

1 comment:

jenstamps said...

I *love* the polka dots with the gingham!!! Very country and that is a great button!