Thursday, February 7, 2008

Um, Yeah, It's Winter

Yesterday we had a temperature-record breaking day. It was around 70 degrees before the end of the day. I took a long walk with my girls in the neighborhood instead of going to the gym - just shorts and a t-shirt! Today, it has cooled off and the wind has picked up, but it still is not like winter at all. With that in mind, I think about my poor flowers that get fooled by the strange winter weather. I have so many different wildflowers planted and I love when the plants start to shoot up from the ground. One flower I love to see is the daisy. Mine can get leggy, but my girls love to run through the hillside and pick flowers for me. So, I thought it would be a great day to share a summer greeting with you!



I love this basket. It reminds me of my mom's garden of flowers and the baskets she would carry out to fill with cut flowers for the house. My parents have such a beautiful garden, too. I love being there in the spring, walking around with my dad, who loves to show off the newest blooms. My kids love it, too, everything is just so pretty. The Saltbox Studio basket images are just so great and so easliy become something special to you! I've seen Lexi use one for Mardi Gras and Becky has a flair for making a rustic or primative image feel shabby!

Well, I hope that you have a wonderful day today. Big things in the craft world are happening soon with CHA starting this weekend. Lots of NEW things coming to a stamp store near you SOON! Happy day and hi to my cuz, Donna, a new stamper!!!

card info: image and sentiment by The Saltbox Studio, notecard and papers by A Muse, Copic markers- sepia, powder blue, sand, stickles, brads by Making Memories.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi, Love this card! So cute. Yes I am enjoying the weather too. Yesterday was gorgeous!