Saturday, December 8, 2007

Paper Mache Box Ornament

Last year at a Paper Source store I bought these beautiful paper mache ornaments that I decoupaged with patterned paper. I really want to get back to one of those stores, but I don't know if I can. If I ask my mom, I'd bet she'd go with me to help keep the girls quiet. Since I can't make it there yet, I bought a paper mache oval box at Michaels and made it into an ornament. A Muse and ovals go hand in hand, so this worked out great (well, I think so, anyway).



I added the little bell to the bottom, just for interest, but it would have been better if it were a wee bit bigger. I also added detail to the lid:



I have another idea brewing for some Martha Stewart product I found while I was at Michaels, too, so stay tuned. PLUS! Don't forget to check out all the A Muse designers' and instructors' blogs Monday for sneak peeks for the new release!

info: images by A Muse, box, ribbon, jump ring and bell from Michaels, paper from my scrap supply, Modge Podge, eyelet by Doodlebug, quickie glue pen, glitter by Stampendous, Prismacolor markers: sky blue light, leaf green, crimson red, sunburst yellow, Copic marker: baby skin pink, Signo silver pen, paint.

3 comments:

Michelle Clark said...

I love the box idea. You could even hide treats in there for the kiddies.

Anonymous said...

oooooo, I like it! Really neat tree idea.

Unknown said...

SHUT UP!!!! You are KILLIN' ME!!! Fantastic!