Monday, October 1, 2007

Nothing Better to Do

As if I am not busy enough with four kids, I have THREE! with birthdays in the fall. Two of those are within a week of each other, too. My oldest daughter is turning six next Friday and I was a little behind on putting something together. Ok, I was WAY behind. I had to figure out a plan and get invitations done last night, so that I could get them to six darlings today. We decided on a "make your own pizza" party for next Friday afternoon. Emma loves to help me make pizza, so this seemed like a good idea, but I wasn't sure about the invites.



I decided to make the invitations look like menus from an Italian restaurant. My brilliant husband took my ideas for the inside a bit further than I had expected, but I loved the end result. I hope that people "get" it!




Now, it is almost World Card Making Day! I hope that you are ready for some fun. I will have some fun, dare I say it, *giveaways* this week, too, so get ready!!!!! Tell your friends, pass it on, share the love, ok?

On a side note, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so in honor of my dear sister, Laura, who has been diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer, I have added some dashes of pink to my blog. I hope that you take some time to read about breast cancer this month, too. Educate yourself! And, {{{hugs}}} to all of you who are affected in some way by breast cancer.

card info: images by A Muse, cardstock from my supply, ribbon by May Arts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elena,

Love your party invites!! Your husband is so clever - and you as well. YOu make a great creative team!

I'm sorry to hear that your sister has Breast Cancer. We will be donating to Breast Cancer Research this month for sure!

Ericka said...

Elena,

I cannot imagine anyone (big or small) not LOVING these invites!!! I'm sure your daughter's party will be a huge success.

I've seen other posts where you talk about your sister. I can only hope that we can soon find a cure. My best wishes to Laura.

CraftyEngineer said...

Elena... this is so awesome. I love the party invites.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

Anonymous said...

These are really clever! I love the menu idea. I will keep your sister and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

These are great invites! They're so cool! I love how you did the inside too.

I hope your sister is doing well. Every year I always tend to buy the "pink" things I see in the stores that is sold to help fight breast cancer.

Anonymous said...

hi elena! super fun invites ... they are sure to be a hit!

i hope your sister's treatments are going well ... give us an update sometime. she's in my prayers!

Ingrid said...

These invites are so sophisticated! What a darling idea.

Stage IV breast cnacer is serious business. I am so sorry your sister is caught in this fight. Go Laura!

Anonymous said...

awesome invitation elena--it's right up my alley!

your sister is in my thoughts... have you seen the gal to gal virtual walk--it's goal is to raise money and awareness specifically for stage IV patients. (if not, it's linked on my blog for the month)

hugs, :) lexi