Friday, July 20, 2007

Three down and one to go

I'm talking birthdays here. My family (mine and my husband's) has four birthdays to celebrate this month. Today is my husband's birthday and my mom's. Since I won't see her until Sunday, though, I haven't made her a card yet. But I thought I would share what I gave my husband.

His first comment on the card was, "I WISH the holes were that big on the course!" This "hole" was made using one of the *new* A Muse micro ovals! Can you believe it? Now there is something for all the tiny images you have. I believe that this will be available next week after the new images are uploaded to the A Muse website, July 23!!! He has been on a bit of a golf kick lately, so we put a coupon good for four weekday mornings of greens fees inside this card. It means some crazy mornings for me, but if he does it during the summer, it won't matter too much. Since we were going with a golf theme, my kids and I decided that we'd make golf greens cupcakes. I've seen cupcake toppers on blogs in the past and I thought that I could do that too. Take a look:


Now, please don't laugh at my frosting job! I tried to make smaller sized golf balls, but then each one was not round. The balls just ended up over sized. Oh well! David thought that this birthday dessert was one of the more creative he's had in a long time, which pleased my kids very much.

I hope you all have a great weekend planned. It is unusually beautiful here in Northern VA - not at all hot and humid like it normally would be. I hope we will get out to enjoy as much of the day as possible.

card info: notecard, papers, images, twinkle sticker, sentiment by A Muse, black pen, Sakura glaze pen, pop dots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the card and the cupcakes are FABULOUS!! Such a GREAT idea!! I will definitely keep this in mind for a future bday. How fun!!

Kristina Lewis said...

Happy birthday to your husband! I love the card and the cupcakes!

denny said...

awesome cupcakes! they look too good to eat.