Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Flag Day


I don't really have the occasion to make patriotic cards much, but I do love this Lady Liberty. I think that it is the only patriotic stamp I own! But, since it is Flag Day, I thought it appropriate to make a card featuring red, white and blue. This card I had messed up with a spill of water, so I changed the original intent by adding layers of papers and ribbon to cover up the original ink and slightly warped paper edge(can you find it?). Here is a better look at the sparkle I added to Miss Liberty.
Card info: cardstock from my supply, pretty little paper, image and twinkle sticker by A Muse, patterned paper from my scrap supply, ribbon from various manufacturers, pop dots, computer generated sentiment, Prismacolor marker, glitter by Stampendous, quickie glue pen.






Flag Day is also my wedding anniversary. My husband, David, and I have been married for 11 years! He is a wonderful husband who wholeheartedly supports me in everything I do, from grocery shopping to volunteering to trips with the family to my crafty desires. We share a love for our children, sports, fun times and each other. This is the card I gave him this morning. I usually show him all the cards I make, but this one has been hidden from him for about a week. I know he genuinely likes something when I hear a chuckle, and I heard one today :)

Card info: cardstock resources and ribbon unknown, images, twinkle sticker and sentiment by A Muse, safety pin by Making Memories, red paint and Prismacolor markers.

5 comments:

scoopy (Emily) said...

Love these! Happy Anniversary Elena!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the little devil card! FABULOUS!! Can you make one for me, pretty please?!!!

Anonymous said...

What neat ideas, they are both perfect. Love that little devil.

Anonymous said...

That is so CUTE!!! I love this card!

Anonymous said...

too stinkin' cute ... happy anniversary!