Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Teacher Appreciation Week is Here!



Which means, I have some wonderful ladies to appreciate! What I have here are a couple of little gift-size cards that went along with small boxes of yummy brownie truffe bites for my son's classroom and reading teachers. I believe the technique I used is called popping pastels or something like that. What I did was stamp the mug and maksed it. Then I inked up the A Muse Big Block (a great way to customize a background!) with the Versamark pad. I stamped it over the mug, then used shimmery chalks over the wet ink. I used different colors for each background, just to make it interesting. I like doing this, but I don't do it often. Do you have any favorite stamping techniques you'd like to share with me? Leave me a comment and I'll look into trying it out!
Here is a picture of the brownie truffle bites - so easy and so yummy!!!! I think I need an A Muse chocolate sentiment, don't you?
Card info: images by A Muse, sentiment by Savvy Stamps, paper by Bazzill, eyelets and glitter by Making Memories, Pastels by Pebbles Inc, ribbon by Michaels.

2 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

this looks so nice!!! TFS!

Bety

scoopy (Emily) said...

Hey Elena - check out the A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA blog - you won challenge 2! Congrats - cute cards!